View Single Post
Old 20-01-2006, 07:53 PM   #15
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Its lowered 30mm on King Spring lows.

the tyres are 205/50/16's

They do fill the guards alot better, but i need tyres with slightly less sidewall (45 profile)
Im not sure if a 45 profile tyre will solve a minor issue i have, but on full lock im getting some minor rubbing, also the back tyres touch a section of the inner guard carpet stuff that bulges out in one section, but only over bumps.
Teki do you find the same thing? or will the 45 profile fix my minor problems! :P
This is why as Wheels increase in Diammetrical size, then so too the tyres must decrease. Rolling Diameter must stay the same, meaning that as the rims go up an inch, the tyres must come down.

The proper tyre profile for a 16 inch rim is 45mm, not 50. This ensures that the factory rolling diameter (that is the diameter of the standard 15" steel or zetec rim), is kept, meaning that the tyre's diameter is no larger than stock and therefore no rubbing.

Im guessing Damo's car would be fine, as it will have a 35 or 40mm profile to compensate for the larger rim. With an 18" rim, the profile will be even less. Capeesh?

End of the day, Teki and My car are fine, and Mitch's isn't. Best get yourself some 45 Profilers soon Mitch, as if your worried about Mr Plod, then they will be able to get you for the unsuitable profile on the tyre.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote