View Single Post
Old 19-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #64
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

That looks sweet NJM.

Well i completed mine yesterday before leaving to go on a little trip down to Apollo bay. and what better route to test the new filter on than through the Otway Ranges and along the Great Ocean Road. :eclipsee_

First and foremost the top end is so much more free and acceleration has slightly improved too. But that sound is amazin'... love it.

Basically have the same kinda setup as before but honed a little more.
I still want to make an air-box but i've ordered a heat shield till then.

I've added a feed from the lower fog-light grill and insulated the stock piping. and the insulation(just from Clark Rubber, used to insulate piping in walls) works a treat, keeps it much cooler.

Yes thats a cable tie.... :

Here's the other mod that i thought may work. seeing i'm not using the stock scoop any more, i'm using it to hopefully re-direct more air into the feed from the lower grill... what d'yall reckon?:

And finally here's the mounting bracket i used to keep the pod in place.
Its just a universal one from ...you guessed it... Autobarn...
Its actually pretty good, you can bend and shape to suit.
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote