Thread: SVT Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 20-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #21
REDDYZ

Default Re: SVT Upgrade

I thought boken vacuum hose was the last glitch. No, there was another one. The SVT flexi rubber tube that runs between MAF and throttle body was too long to squeeze in between airbox and throttlebody. Some how I managed to fit stock tube though its too small for SVT throttle body. Anyway, here is the outcome....

I know its missing SVT badge. I ordered one last month and it is lost somewhere in shipment and cannot be tracked until 25th of this month. Grrrr...

I will finish throttle body and bracket when I get k&n Apollo kit. Not able to choose between Red, Chrome & Black. Just waiting for the leads which should turn up today or tomorrow. And then I can start it up.

If time permits I will prepare engine bay for steam clean. It doen't look bad from top in the photo but its really very dirty. I generally wont go for steam clean but I know what to seal and what to protect from getting wet. Mine is MTX so fairly simple when compared to ATX. With SVT badge and steam clean it should look better than this.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote