Thread: SVT Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
REDDYZ

Default Re: SVT Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDYZ
I strongly suggest everyone not to touch them unless you really need to take them off. And its not worth cleaning LIM. Coz you will not be able to clean the intake ports that run from LIM to combustion chamber. If you try and clean all the rubbish will end up in combustion chamber. So, no point taking this much effort to clean LIM.

This is with LIM off. I gave a wipe on the top section, so it looks a bit better than the bottom one.

It took a while to clean the surface and is now ready for new gaskets to go on.

I have to send LIM for acid bath tomorrow.
Yes, I did say that so that others may not bother taking so much effort undoing fuel lines, wiring harness, injectors, IMRC just to clean LIM. It was too late for me by the time coz, I could say that only after taking LIM out and saw what's underneath. Since mine is out already and for taking all the effort undoing fuel lines and snapping injector plugs, the LIM deserved a clean and ended up like this. Its not LIM in the pics quoted above. Its the engine block itself.

Anyway, I didn't want to give up easily so, I tried to separate butterflies from LIM by undoing the screws on the butterflies so that I can get LIM acid cleaned. But those screws are seized badly. The screws were philips head and easy to round them. So, I sprayed some WD-40 and will soak them overnight and see if it loosen up the screws.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote