View Single Post
Old 28-04-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
REDDYZ

Default High octane verdict

I have used shell V power for about a month and found that normal unleaded is better option. You might be surprised if I say that I get more torque with normal unleaded. Timing has to be adjusted to get more power from V power. It burns so quick that the explosion is not long and strong enough when compared with regular unleaded. There is no change in the fuel economy either. Engine management has to be calibrated to get most out of high octane petrol, otherwise it is just waste of money. Some might think that engine runs clean, in my case it's not true either. Maintaining plugs and leads will keep engine clean. If you are running on high octane then my advise is to go for regular unleaded.

Yogi

Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote