View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 06:37 PM   #130
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Qld flash for cash cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
What's the answer if speed cameras are simply revenue raisers?
IMO there's no "if" about it.

I'd warrant that I've driven more kms (3+ million) and been booked more (30+ times in my 50 years of driving) than the vast majority of people.

I've only ever been booked for speeding (no neg/dangerous/drunk etc driving). Never had an accident that was my fault (actually only ever had one when a car ran a red light in 1976). Never lost my licence, although in years gone by I took precautions against such an occurrence.

What's all that got to do with anything?

Well, I can honestly say that I've never been unjustly booked. I haven't always appreciated the ticket but it's been my choice to speed.
Afaic speed cameras, HP, etc, can do whatever they wish to catch people breaking the law (even though I figure that the hwy speed limit is too low).

What galls me about the whole deal is the LIE.

When it becomes obvious to even the most dimwitted that revenue is the name of the game and we (the voting public) demand a higher standard from our pollies, a simple "look, we need the revenue for hospitals, caring for the disabled, educating our kids, trips to the Gold Coast to unexpectedly buy a unit, etc" will do me.

A billion dollars is a pretty big lie.

edit: actually, it's not even the billion bucks. It's continually being taken for a fool that grinds my gears.

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: