View Single Post
Old 25-11-2018, 06:44 PM   #22
marcusturbo

Default Re: Ford Mondeo engine shuts off while driving

Looks like this is a recurring theme.
Mine has started doing it again after many years of trouble free motoring.
There is a thread I did years ago and the problem was the Crank Angle Sensor.

It started last Wednesday when I got the Transmission Service Req'd light followed by car into Limp mode. Got where I was going, stopped switched off, leave for a minute, start again and all good. Do my thing then start driving again. Get 1 minute round the corner and stop at t/lights = engine stalls!!!
Into "P" start engine again and drive home, all of 5 mins with car not quite feeling normal.
Take car to Ford Dealer, still Wednesday, and leave for a few days as I went bush with work. Come back on the Friday, contact the dealer and they are messing me about. I eventually go there at 4pm and not having a great deal of success. Service bloke #1 is hopeless and says it's maybe something with the battery and low voltage. Also BIG list of codes, all cleared but no info to back this up. Speak to service bloke #2 and he asks for the list of codes which the mechanic has on his phone as he took a picture.
SB #2 goes through codes and reckons that it's the EGR valve not working properly and maybe it's gummed up.

So I go for a good run in the car today and it cut out 3 or 4 times most when moving but once when stopped. Also got the tranny service and limp mode a few times for good measure.

I might take it to the garage and see what codes have been stored this time. See if they can figure out all the codes and which one is problem starter.