View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 11:48 AM   #50
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: New Toyota Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Did not know this but the exhaust manifold on the B58 engine is integrated into the head. The integrated exhaust manifold has coolant passages which lower the exhaust gas temp into the twin scroll turbo charger. This also allows the coolant to heat up quicker on startup, but also notice there is a complex coolant management system attached to the head as well...

Interesting design, which means they've optimised the exhaust manifold and for the aftermarket there is no way to replace this part?
Ford 2L Ecoboost and I think 1.6L have the same setup, I'm not sure if they have coolant running through them but the exhaust manifold is cast into the head with a T25 elbow feeding exhaust into the turbo.

In that case you can't use a twin scroll turbo on those engines (in the case of the 2L Ecoboost the head is interchangeable with the 2.3L which doesn't have integrated exhaust manifold)

Interesting read below

https://jalopnik.com/automakers-are-...lds-1796305029

I had a bit of a look under the bonnet of an FG Ecoboost recently, if you want to change the turbo you need to use a T25 style turbo.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 02-02-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: