View Single Post
Old 24-12-2016, 12:55 AM   #32
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Qld flash for cash cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty View Post
Cops sitting at roadworks is not an "overtime rort". Most safety procedures employed by road works etc include police in the safety plan as a detterent to speeders. Spending $1000 on a car and cop for a 12 hour overtime shift out of a $100 000 roadwork budget to get people to slow down and keep there workers safer is absolutely worth it.
Really? Like you say,we all have opinions and I certainly respect your take on it..I have no doubt there are policies in place that require police presence during night roadworks,absolutely get that. But we may as well just have a cardboard cut out of a police car there,every police I have seen on roadworks sites are either in the car sleeping,reading the paper or talking to the road workers. Yes,the presence of the car is a deterrent,but I have never seen them actually pursue,book or care about anything that's gone on,and I've seen some pretty dumb crap go down.If it's so dangerous for the road workers why aren't they actively policing the speed limits in these areas with the masses of speeding exceedances that occur? I travel that road a lot,often late at night...actually the remote cameras would be far more active in this situation than the real person. I'm not knocking them,I do respect the police,it's a tough gig and I thank them just the same as I thank every other emergency service provider.. but my opinion is if you have them there and your paying them,well how about some action ...NEVER seen it at roadworks over the last 20 years I've been travelling that road at all hours. I know Govco want return on investment plus interest these days,I've seen our hospital system let family members down in a massive way in recent times,life threatening as a matter of fact,I'm not taking aim at them either,they are overworked and are given poorly assigned duties plus short staffed and as a workforce likely fairly disorganised and make do because they give a stuff,I'm sure cops are in a similar boat. Still doesn't make it right.

Last edited by XByoot; 24-12-2016 at 01:13 AM.
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: