View Single Post
Old 23-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #19
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Qld flash for cash cameras

My opinion on this one is that speed cameras or mobile speed cameras may slow people down when they are passing them, but having a marked police car in plain sight parked does a better job of making people not do stupid things. I drive through 9 fixed cameras on my trip to and from work every day, every other driver on the road knows where they are and quite a few will gas it between each one then slow down through them. I think it's a bit dumb that the mobile speed cameras in nsw have to put out 2 warning signs before where they park, again, enough warning to slow down. Copping a camera fine and losing some points isn't really (unless you have no points or money) a punishment, you pay it and move on. Getting pulled over and having to sit and wait and all the other inconveniences in my mind is a better way to make people not do it again. I personally have not been pulled over for speeding but I did get pulled up 12 years back for suspicion of driving a stolen vehicle and twice for drug searches, and untill they find your inocent, they aren't always the most polite
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote