View Single Post
Old 29-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #31
Zigman

Default Re: Sync 3 - Software Bugs

The installation eventually started. No message to announce the upgrade when the USB was first inserted, but as you say, 15 minutes later I got a message saying the system software was being updated. There needs to be a readme file that explains you need a crystal ball available to second guess what is happening.

I figured out the telephone number for the error message. It is the last 6 digits only, ie. 133673. The 610-386 is meaningless. When you do call the number it's Ford AU's general enquiry number - nothing at all to do with Sync 3 support. Good luck on that if you really do need support.

Tried to report the upgrade to Ford AU like a good Ford customer. First time, their website portal crashed and told me my Mondeo didn't even have Sync (of any flavour) installed in my vehicle. I persevered and logged in again. This time got as far as trying to upload the XML file but got a message from Ford saying "oops, something went wrong, try again later". Needless to say, there will be no 'later' as I have given up trying to upload the XML file.

So what of the v2.3 upgrade itself you ask? I wasn't expecting any cosmetic changes which is good because I wasn't disappointed. The only change I have noticed on the cosmetic front is the "TA" button on the radio screen now reads "Traffic (TA)".

What of the many and varied bugs in v2.0? Have they been squashed it v2.3? The "Collision Alert, Hey Lets Start a DAB Radio Rescan" bug is still present. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is by design. Maybe Ford wants to keep the passengers occupied with a radio scan while the driver crashes into the car in front, to kinda distract the passengers from the doom ahead.

We won't know about the bluetooth bug for a few more weeks yet as it normally takes Sync 3 a month or so to "forget" the pairing of your cellphone.

As expected, this being a system software update, the NAV software is the same. Every suburb in Greater Melbourne is Melbourne. No actual suburb names are displayed. Haven't tried the tollway yet to see if the NAV insists on getting me off the tollway even though I tell it not to. Hey, maybe this is another Ford feature designed by the Ford software guys to save their customers toll charges. That's nice.

Haven't had a complete Sync 3 reboot back to the splash screen while driving yet. Maybe this feature has been removed. Time will tell on this one.

Other than this, the screen is nice blue color.
Zigman is offline   Reply With Quote