View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #11
MattSAU2XR8

Default Re: Ford Falcon BA-FG OEM Upgrade

Hey guys,

I’m considering buying a set of these for my G6E Ecoboost, given the following:
- From my point of view the main reason for upgrading is to be to get rid of floatiness and body roll which is pretty bad at the moment,
- I don’t really want to lower it too much since it is already scraping on driveways at the front, although having an adjustable front spring seat seems likely to take care of this anyway,
- I don’t really want it to be quite as stiff (in compression at least) as a stock XR6 since a few people have said these are a bit rough and noisy on bad road surfaces, and XR6’s seem to get rattly after the first 100 kkms. Also I think this would spoil the character of the car a bit since the main benefit of this car is comfort.
- I might want to put a slightly stiffer spring in the front to improve turn in, if you agree it’s a good idea, and this would require me to be able to work out what the existing spring rate is so that I can find one that is just a little stiffer, apparently it’s supposed to be 13 % stiffer than an XT front spring, where the rears are supposed to be 40 % stiffer, and all four are supposed to ride about 15 mm lower,
- I’d be hoping you could advise on approximate initial positioning for the front spring seat so I can have it close to correct when I assemble it.

Is it possible you can tell me:
- What is the standard FG XT front and rear spring rate, I can chase up a suitable spring from there on,
- What spring rates are these shocks designed to work best with, i.e. XT, XR6, other,
- What is the highest working height these shocks are suitable for, i.e. will G6E height of 15 mm below the XT model be OK,
- If I put these shocks in an FG XR6 would the ride be harder, softer, or the same, aside from going around corners better.

Regards,

Matt
MattSAU2XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote