View Single Post
Old 17-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #10
Shockworks

Default Re: Ford Falcon BA-FG OEM Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by baboon View Post
Hello Brett, I have a BA wagon and would like to retain the standard ride height
front and rear. Would these dampers be ok to use with the factory BA XT wagon
coils and leaf springs?

Also I am planning to replace the rubber bushes in the front upper/lower control
arms (which I think are still original from '02) with superpro polyurethane bushes.
Would you advise against this, or should I stick with the genuine rubber bushes
from Ford? Also are you aware of any problems with the factory front lower control
arm bush at all?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Firstly, let me apologize for the late reply as we are just flat out with tuning and deliveries at the moment.
The front of the wagon can use our adjustable dampers with no issue but the rear adjustable damper is 20mm shorter in the open length which I am sure will be fine but just not the full articulation of the factory unit. The compressed length is the same so should be no problem for the wagon. We have not done a proper tune on the wagon with the damping forces tuned for the ute, so if you are in Melbourne we could do a tune on the wagon for free if you are keen.
I would stick to the factory bushes for the front. I have tested the superpro bushes but had intermittent problems with squeaks especially after rain but may have been just an issue with the install or car. Impact harshness can be effected with the stiffer bushes as well.

Cheers
Brett

Best Regards
Brett
Shockworks is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: