View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #57
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What problems have you had with your Mondeo?

Been a while since I contributed here but seeing as I have now done 125k in the old girl, I thought I would pass on the issues I have had along the way.

2010 MB XR5. Issues including:
*Hatch rubbing. Dealer adjusted and resprayed under warranty at 10k. Started rubbing again and was noted. Resprayed again later and the dealer had clear vinyl wrap placed on the bumper which has stopped the paint wearing. far easier to replace the vinyl than respray.
*Both front hubs replaced due to broken wheel studs. Most likely scenario is wheel shop over tightening lug nuts. have had them use hand tools ever since, no further issues.
*Seat base rocking. A bolt had come out inside the seat. refitted and locktited into place.
*Multiple Stop light bulbs replaced. Seems to be a bit of a Bermuda Triangle for the Mondeo?
*Strut top bearing. Was squeaking to the point of me slashing my wrists whenever i drove the car! Diagnosed and replaced under warranty.
*Under dash fuse panel bracket broken. This one took more than a year to rectify. The part is bespoke to the MB and not kept as a spare. I had to wait for one to be made and sent over from Europe! Took 14months...
*Water ingress into cabin. Turned out to be the seal in the heater box. It was incorrectly fitted at the factory and allowed condensation from the operation of the a/c to work its way into the cabin migrating along the a/c vent lines. would pool on the rear floor behind the driver's seat. difficult to diagnose and was without my car for a week. as an aside, during testing my windscreen cracked (it had been chipped) but the dealership replaced it under warranty.
* On the subject of windscreens, I have had to replace it three times. First courtesy of a Land Cruiser chucking a stone. Second courtesy of a Vic Roads maintenance vehicle chucking a stone. Third as described above during testing for a leak issue.
*Jacking point covers. After 105k problem free, two of these fell out within 24 hours of each other. had a new set of 2 painted but before i could fit them a third fell out. just pulled the 4th one out and have left it like that. i'm used to the look of it now...
* I now have a few minor trim issues. one of the silver tips on an a/c vent has come off. the boot around the gear shifter has a couple of small holes in it and the alcantera my drivers seat now has a tear in it where my hip rubs on it entering and exiting the car.

All in all I have been extremely happy with my Mondeo. easily the best car I have ever had and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend someone buying one.

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote