View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 07:55 PM   #62
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia - 'No Infrastructure'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
Sorry to be so blunt, but get a clue mate.
Do you even realise there's a payment scale?

I took him into Centrelink Midland and went through the entire process with him.
Including meeting with and getting letters from his treating Professor.
If you think all you need is a doctor to sign a form you must live on Mars, there is no such form in existence. Centrelink removed them all!
"Sickness Benefits" only applies to a very narrow category of people. Basically where you have a job (or are studying) and are TEMPORARILY unable to work.

If you don't have a job, you go on Newstart. It basically the same, and as I said, worst case scenario is that you have to "look for work."

Sounds like you may have been trying to get him onto the DSP. That is a fair bit more, as it is a pension.
In theory, a terminally ill person should qualify, but unfortunately decades of people rorting the system have made it harder for the genuine cases.

But I'll give you a piece of genuine advice. You need to find a lawyer willing to take on his case for free, and threaten to sue. Centrelink will cave.

My brother is a quad, and lives in an institution. He has been fighting for years to get his DSP reinstated. It looked hopeless until he found a lawyer to take on his case. As soon as they realised it would cost them money to keep fighting, centrelink gave in.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: