View Single Post
Old 18-02-2019, 01:41 AM   #1553
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Electrolyte replacement is an issue when undertaking prolonged fasts (ie. >2-3 days). If you have a daily eating window, it isn't - you are getting enough from your food. Under normal activity, you simply don't lose enough. Go to a medical text and look up Na/K excretion rates if you don't believe me.?
I asked about the snake diet, which involves long term fasting.

On an intermitted fasting regime you can probably get away without added electrolytes provided you are mostly sedentary and if you do not drink a lot of water.

Quote:
Do you hook yourself up to a saline drip while you sleep??
No, but I only sleep 6-8 hours at a time, I have on several occasions woken up with bad cramps, especially after days of prolonged activity such as working out on the property on hot days followed by gym sessions.

Drinking water with a specific electrolyte balance throughout the day has resolved the cramps issue instantly.

Quote:
Because?
Do you really have to ask?? Seriously, it tastes like **** to begin with, there are no conceivable benefits to consuming it, and plenty of risk of consuming a chemical cocktail with unknown side effects and long term consequences.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote