View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 10:08 PM   #15
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Single use plastic bag ban by govmint

I heard the 'enviro' bags have to be used 150 times before they break even on the benefits to the environment.
As for the reusable plastic bags, they are thicker and larger than a regular plastic bags. I wonder how many times they have to be used before being better than a regular plastic bag?

Also surely everyone else has that place in their house where hundreds of plastic bags are stashed for future use? Mine is the bottom shelf in my pantry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Cav, of course, all plastic bags whether they be single or multiple use that ends up in our oceans are bad for our marine life.

BUT we have to start somewhere to stop this plastic pollution.
It is estimated that 10% of all the plastic bags that have ever been produced are now in or lying at the bottom of our oceans.
An astonishing 32% of the 78 million tons of plastic packaging produced makes its way into the ocean every year.
No doubt plastic bags are not good for the environment, but what annoys me is when I buy a small product that has 200g of plastic around it. I understand sometimes it's needed for shipping and such, but some of it seams to be way overkill.
I'd like to see companies start cutting back excessive packaging.

Last edited by Ben73; 01-07-2018 at 10:14 PM.
3 users like this post: