View Single Post
Old 27-09-2008, 01:46 AM   #53
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

TS50 Build 001, the old mans car, has been PINCHED.

The car has attracted some interest to buy of recent from several parties, and in order to collect the very best price (and have that price backed by a couple of independant valuations), the car was taken to a well known panel shop in the Perth northern suburb of Malaga.

On the night of Wednesday 24th September, at about 6:30pm after some minor paintwork/polish, the car was backed outside the panelshops' shed, parked in the adjoining carpark and the keys CARELESSLEY LEFT IN THE IGNITION................. Within 20 minutes the car was gone, and no sight has been seen since.

Many hours have been spent searching, and between the police, myself and some close friends, we have turned up zilch.

Three things:

1) Please, I want no speculation of any kind as to an "inside job". Though there is always the possibility, everybody is innocent until proven guilty and the law will be the device used to bring any perpertrator to justice.

2) In the event the car has been stripped or used as an attempt to rebirth another car, please keep your eyes peeled for any suspicious parts sales on Ebay, Trading post, word of mouth or the sudden shock re-appearance of a long-lost T3.

3) If the car has gone underground (to a long-term collector or such), I would BEG anybody that gets a whiff of information to contact me on 0433 408 808. There is a substantial reward on the table (in the tens of thousands of dollars) that is available to anybody that provides the vital infomation leading to its recovery.

I know a lot of guys on here would question the collectabillity of a 7 year old "late model muscle car", but Build 001 already has/had an initial written valuation for insurance of $80,000 by a well known enthusiast insurer pending sighting. There has also been a couple of offers above 40K, and one of almost 50K at this stage. My old man takes its saleability very seriously, and hence the magnitude of the reward.

As with any such incident, insurance will cover the financial loss, but with the emotional attachment involved, it was a sad day for my old man. But we do hold hope that our eyes and ears on AFF here will be watching and waiting......

Here are some photo's to start with:

Thanks for any help that may be forwarded.

Sincerely,

Daniel Otway
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote