View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 01:53 PM   #12
jb2020

Default Re: 06 Focus Intake Manifold issues, Code P2008

the kit contains 2 solenoids on a bracket about 140 from ford. you just swap over the hoses and the 2 solenoid connectors, pretty easy - just dont mix them up.
Our 2010 focus had the same problem, no power, P2008 fault code - when the fault was reset, the car would run perfectly fine but then fault would just come back in a day or two and it ran like a dog. new solenoid kit fixed the problem, fault cleared by itself and hasnt come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryle View Post
Hi all, got the same problem with wife's 06 Focus. Engine light continually comes on and car has a noticeable power loss. Had it back to workshop 3 times and they are telling me the inlet manifold needs replacing - $700. Car has only 55k on the clock. Fist visit they cleared all the fault codes, 2nd visit sprayed manifold cleaner in , 3rd visit informed me solenoid is working correctly. Now my question, i am using google and can only find 1 solenoid but above posts indicate solenoids/kit which indicates more than 1. Is it worth trying new solenoids? are they expensive? is it easy for a layman with minimum tools and knowhow? Thanks.
jb2020 is offline   Reply With Quote