View Single Post
Old 20-08-2019, 05:10 PM   #74
Spidermcglurk
Starter Motor

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

Hi guys,Hopefully I can give you some information and updates on my situation.After numerous emails and texts to both Phil NEWELL here in Australia and to Lawrence Ryan in the USA,I have had some progress,even though it it's NOT in any way what I wanted.Lawrence agreed that he owes me $26,000,but has spent my money and therefore can only pay me back over a 12 month period,depositing money into my bank account.That was 2 months ago and yes,he did put money into my account,but he is already late on this months payment.I will give the guy some credit on actually phoning me from the USA to Appologies and try to work out some way of paying me back.I will NEVER deal with a small company again though.The problem with small company's is,when the you know what hits the fan,they just don't answer the phone and it's too easy to not make contact.At least with a large company,they answer the bloody phone.There are more people owed money.They are also notoriously guarded about their address,they won't give it out and it's not listed anywhere.I have of course found out that they don't operate here in Australia with an ABN number,which means it's very very hard to take legal action.Look on their JUST CAR page advertisement,no ABN.The only thing that we have going for us(I am talking about those of us that have a business arrangement with them)is that they are still running a business importing/exporting cars,otherwise we would be in big trouble.If Anyone on this forum is owed money or there car is not appearing,I would visit Phil NEWELL at his business address,which is also his home address,I've been there several times myself.As Phil and his wife are the face of the company in Australia,anyone doing business with them,has the right to answers.He lives at faciles road in staplyton.I just can't remember his actual letterbox number,but if you send me a private message,I've just taken a google earth pic of his road and can send it to you.
Spidermcglurk is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: