View Single Post
Old 15-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #8
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AU Fairmont factory satnav

You're right, there's a decent wiring loom which runs from the dashboard, under the centre console, under the carpet beneath the drivers seat and then (?...) - haven't got that far.

The navigator voice runs through the cars audio (as opposed to the B&W SatNav system which has it's own single speaker) so the wiring definitely piggy backs into the Premium Sound system, which thankfully both cars were factory optioned with so that should help...

10 minute job to take the front seats out of the Ghia to make the job easier with routing the loom. Plus I'll give the carpet a shampoo and give everything a clean while I'm at it so that's fine.

I have found the GPS antenna runs from the boot-mounted DVD unit and onto the rear parcel shelf where it's double sided taped in place.

DVD unit hangs on the underside of the parcel shelf, in the boot cradled in a bracket which is just pop riveted into place so I'll carefully drill out the pop rivets and pop rivet it back into place for that "factory look" haha.
macman is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: