View Single Post
Old 14-09-2017, 08:32 PM   #72
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia - 'No Infrastructure'

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Most certainly not!

That would just be sensible, wouldn't it? That's how you tell they are from the Govt. They are here to "help" you. You know the rest.

As for qualifications from the Govt minions? You have to be kidding right? came across one the other day and had to show him how to do trigonometry. He couldn't do it with the aid of a CAD program !!!

Then there was the Govt. beaurocrat from Safe Work who declared that marine grade stainless steel would stick to a magnet inside a machine we had. When I demonstrated it wouldn't he decalred my magnet must be worn out !!

Then the metallurgist who couldn't tell me the first 10 elements on the periodic table......

Jesus wept !!!!
Now manufacturing is essentially dead in this country, I'm 'fraid you'll just have to get use to the "services" industry

really is a shame the gov'nment has to hire so many "service" people to keep the employment rate up.....

Oh, and it's unlikely you'll find many out of school that can give you the first 10 elements in order. Not exactly a value adding skill that, something like galvanic corrosion and mismatched pairs is somewhat more useful (or was when we built cars, boats and plane parts in this country of ours)
Just sayin.
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: