View Single Post
Old 26-10-2016, 02:09 PM   #8
rob2489

Default Re: Pulsing brakes at my wits end

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
If you mean your car has done 105,000kms, definitely look at bearings, change rotors without fail and if you also meant it has been sitting around, you may have one or all of the issues I mentioned. A tyre shop will advise you if your tyres are out of round and the rest of the gear, me, I would replace it all at if it is all still factory at 105,000kms, but I often replace things before they are worn out, why wait till they fail or brake I say.
yes the car has done 105,000 km the the rotors were changed along with pads just before I bought the car. They are brembo calipers & brembo rotors. I machined them at 92,000.
I will look into changing the wheel bearings but I assume I have to remove the brakes when doing so (not done wheel bearings in a long time) so I was looking at doing things together.
Seems the more I research the more confusing it gets, I have read it could be the above but also the lower control arm bushes as well, amongst a host of other stuff. plus leaving the rotors until everything else has been looked at first. Funds are not great at the moment so I can't afford to waste it on unnecessary replacements.