View Single Post
Old 28-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #867
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

We have a running joke at work, i wont get into it but long story short one place we work has a pig. And we say one bloke hates pigs. The new apprentice grew up on a farm so thinks nothing of slaughtering livestock as he grew up doing it. So he beleived my story of how this other bloke hates pigs and said he wants to off it. I said if you are working on that site under him and he dissapears he is either on the bog or yelling at the pig. So we go for breakfast with this bloke and farm boy starts explaining that slaughtering a pig is the same as other farm animals and getting into the nitty gritty. Mind you the other bloke was smashing a plate of bacon. I started laughing at the look on that guys face of whats this guy on about. Farm boy askes what im laughing about and i just said ill tell you later. Anyrate out of earshot of farm boy the bloke we joke about hating pigs asks me what the hell was that all about, so i explained it was for my entertainment. He says bluntly to me 'you're an idiot'. I reply 'or maybe im the smartest bloke you know'. His response to that was 'maybe, but you're still an idiot'.
Now ive only worked with farm boy a few times and he made only 1 major error. Nothing work related, hes good on the tools, but he said to me in the past 4 days he has learnt more from me then in the 8 weeks with the other boys. Thats a big mistake. So yes everything i teach while working is factual and correct, i go into depth. But it also means that so far the 2 myths ive told that i have backed up with false evidence, he beleives. Neither are job related, but its such a fun game to me.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote