View Single Post
Old 20-01-2018, 03:50 PM   #138
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Most reliable Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock1991 View Post
I was going to generalise and say imo cars with less technology are more reliable but maybe it's more to do with quality of components, After all the internal combustion engine is pretty robust ,it's all the bits and pieces bolted on that fail. An example is a thread that details someone replacing a faulty plastic part for a nut and bolt. No doubt in this space age they could use an indestructible plastic but it comes down to cost, I noted the plastic piece that crumbled was underneath the car, not even in direct sunlight
These are the reasons I like the AU Windsor V8. The motor is proven to last, has very few plastic parts & sensors. All these plastic bolt on bits seem to be the ones that stuff up & are damaged by high temps in engine bays. The AU was the last V8 with access space for ease of service. I am looking at a Raptor blower this year to fix the only thing about AU's I don't like, and that is the limited power. I want the 220 badge to represent rear wheel KW, then I will be happy. The Falcons I have owned have been very reliable. I did a head gasket in Brisbane in a 4.0i EF Fairmont & drove it to Sydney stopping to fill the radiator every 40 minutes, still did it in 11 hours, leaving Brisbane at midnight.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: