Thread: Haunted Roads
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2022, 08:40 AM   #27
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Haunted Roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Had that strange feeling something wasn't right on an overnight stay in Wingello State Forest, NSW.
I guess having Bellanglo SF just up the road made us both feel uneasy.

Pine forests can feel quite creepy I guess.
Way back in 1995 I went to Minto to visit my Brother, he owned a Jims Mowing Franchise that encompassed an area from Liverpool to south of Campbeltown.
One afternoon we were mowing the unit on the corner of Cinnabar and Cornelia st.
After completing the job we drove up Cinnabar and stopped at one of the houses. My Brother says do you know who lived there.
I said no, should I.
Ivan Milat he said.
Who's Ivan Milat I said obviously oblivious to what had occured in the decade prior as a 19yr old who cared little for the nightly news.
He told me the story and it ignited an interest in Australian crime stories.

I finally got an opportunity to visit Belanglo on a trip to Taren Point in 2016 and wanted to visit the memorial.
Driving in there in my BF wagon loaded to the hilt with my Wife, inlaws and 5yr old plus luggage I turned on to the undulating track that leads to the memorial, cleared the first dip or 2 and suddenly found ourselves bottomed out on the crest of the next unable to move without tearing up the underside.
It was the middle of the day but I swear to God I have never felt more terrified than I did in that moment. We all looked at each other and said lets get the hell out of here and that we did.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: