View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 05:47 PM   #840
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChic
I have addressed particular things in PM's, where it is suitable to do so.
But in general here is what is going on in my head...

1. This thread is for clicking the poll option that applies, and (if you wish) expanding on that info and posting your Age, Status general info etc. Then, a few comments here and there like 'welcome to the forums' or a response if someone wrote something like 'I am recently divorced and am looking at getting back into the scene again' one could write ‘good luck to you’ etc.
2. I don’t really have a problem with banter, but having to wade through 7 pages of random comments to find the few posts by new members (such as suggested in point 1), just to see what sort of people are on here is slightly irritating and that is what I think should be avoided.
3. (In relation to the Quality of Threads rule) If the last seven or so pages were in a thread all by themselves, I doubt the mods would have let it get past 2 pages, because there is no focus to it. Even in the bar there has to be a topic and focus to the thread, not just random stuff.
4. I have no problem with anyone here; I have not attempted to take a ‘high ground’ because there is no moral issue…
5. I don’t see it as policing or doing the mods job if one makes a suggestion to keep the posts more tightly to the original focus.
6. There was a dating thread a while back for the sort of chatter that seemed to be going on here. There is still an open (but dormant) post a pic of yourself thread.
7. If a thread dies, so be it, there is no need to keep it alive with random posts.

SMILE and take it easy.

Jennifer
WHat is it exactly that has gotten you in such a fuss about this thread, you really that keen to find out who the single women are on AFF . Have you not ever spoken to anyone regardless of weather you know them or not and just talked ***** for the sake of having someone to talk to.

NOw if this was a topic where someone was asking for help or hunt down an issue with their car granted i'd see why you've jumpped up on the bar stool so quickly but it's not my friend.