View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #186
MEANXBCOUPE
injection is nice, but...

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing the Helicoil article 

Kind of like a second story really..... the next section of this thread will be mainly concerned with the rego process in NSW.
Not much "building" of the coupe will be going on (i hope) but you never know, things may change and stuff may need to be modified for rego.

So...
with everything finished off car wise, I booked the baby in for a blue slip. this is the one you need to register an unregistered car in NSW. Basically a safety check(the old pink slip) but with a vehical ID check included..

Before i get too far, the following is the process, in order, for regoing my car in NSW, and approximate costs.
1. blue slip $60.00
2. Vehical ID check and new body number issued.$60.00
3. engineers report completed with new body number.$1300.00
4. noise tests complete (stationary and dynamic)$500.00
5 weighbridge certificate$40.00
6. Another blue slip.$60.00
7. Greenslip$450.00
8. Plates ordered.$440.00
9. Rego.$300.00

I need the first Blue slip to get a referal to the VIIU (vehical identity unit) to give me a new body number. The old number has been removed because of the shock tower removal. You cant just book with the VIIU. you ned a bluey.

Also the car has failed the blueslip because it has no engineer certificate or body number. I cant get an engineers certificate untill i get the body number.Anything that has been modified has been failed on an engineering approval basis.
inspection check list catagory's are
A. brakes - FAIL.
B. Steering and suspension -FAIL.
C. Wheels and Tyres - FAIL.
D. Body Condition -FAIL (not sure why)
E. Seats and seat belts - FAIL.
F. Lights and headlight aim - PASS.
G. Engine and driveline -FAIL.
H. Exhaust system -FAIL.
I . Dangerous protrusuions - FAIL. (bonnet scoop)

So safety wise its been given the all clear, just technical wise i have a maze of paperwork to get through.
I was at the blueslip station for about 4 hours....
TOTAL COST $54.90

these are the original number plates from when i brought the shell in 1995.

you may notice that the gearbox Xmember is different to an XB. it is out of an XE, this allowed me to put the 4" collector under there without hitting on the gearbox x member. the original XB one comes off the front subframe/torque box, where as an XE one is welded to the floor. This is the sort of stuff that made the whole build process take so long, consulting with RTA and engineers then going and figuring stuff out ect...
you can also see the subframe connectors finishing at the rear sub frame. i left then open so dirt and water didnt build up in there and the XE handbrake cable and mechinism (XF ghia rear disc's and calipers).

So with a failed blue slip in hand (called a white slip now that it a failure) off i went to my local RTA to book an ID check. Now there's 5 hours of my life i wont get back!.
It just so happens that they are so busy at ID check stations i went onto a waiting list for the waiting list.

Coupla days later, i had to go back to the RTA to do the acual book in. So now im all set for the 22 of November for a chassis number.
TOTAL COST $58.00

Also spoke to my ginger beer about completing the noise tests before the chassis number thingo goes ahead, but he seems to be a little busy right now, so the christmas deadline i set for myself for rego is dead in the water... again.

tune in next time for the chassis number and ID process and its outcome.

Same Bat time.... Same Bat place.

Limetime Green '74 XB Coupe- Classic not Plastic.

Blueprint '02 Pursuit 250- Plastic not Classic (yet)

Venom '01 AUII Rebel- RIP. Gone to a better place.

Winter White '12 FG GT 335 R-Spec - something the wife thrashes daily

'05 CRF450X- For getting dirty in the, um, dirt.
MEANXBCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote