View Single Post
Old 18-11-2018, 01:47 AM   #1775
spvd02

Default Re: 2018 Ranger Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandsharon View Post
Load it up with 700kg for a family trip around Oz and I’d take the 2 litre diesel anyday over the 2.7 Ecoboost, that’s just me though, have been all over Oz in various set ups and I’d take the 2litre diesel everytime. Can’t please everyone unfortunately, might go your way though in a few years.
Interesting - why would you take the much weaker 2litre diesel (especially at higher speeds) over the 2.7? Is it just fuel economy? Plenty of reviewers so far have stated that it lacks punch, especially at highway speeds. Add 700kg on board and you would really know what you're missing!

I don't understand what advantage the 2litre would have. Comparing it with the hypothetical 2.7tt option, the positives of the 2litre certainly don't outweigh it's shortcomings. Can you explain why you would prefer it?
* Mods: Fox cat-back exhaust, Simota CAI, larger intercooler, Spider iMode chip-tuning plug in.

Engine responds very well to mods, but auto gearbox can become unsettled trying to cope with the extra torque. Good fuel economy overall: 9-12L/100km city, 8L/100 country.
spvd02 is offline   Reply With Quote