View Single Post
Old 14-09-2017, 09:18 PM   #75
comfortablynumb

Default Re: Australia - 'No Infrastructure'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
I'm not sure I know the rest. Nearly 10 billion (yes billion) in construction under my belt so far and never had problems with government or other regulatory authorities any more than them ensuring we met our obligations regarding, rules, regulations, budget or programme. Which was never a problem. I've seen incompetence and inexperience on all sides, even made some mistakes myself. But never what your describing I over 20 years in the industry.
Oh common 304 (marine) stainless has some magnetic qualities due to no moly unlike 316!
JP
You must be lucky then. Or you pay them.....:P

Maybe it's just a Qld thing.

Seriously, every time we one of "those" cars pull into the carpark, we just roll our eyes and gird our loins, ready to participate in that particular days silliness.

As to the stainless......it quite plainly didn't stick to this particular magnet. Made a bit of a clatter when it hit the floor. However the 500 grade steel clicked on there quite nicely, just as it is supposed to.

If you are in large construction projects, it is likely my company supplies you somewhere. Pre fabricated reinforcing cages.
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote