Thread: rotisserie
View Single Post
Old 20-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #17
Claytopia

Default Re: rotisserie

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Out of interest, does anyone have a rotisserie for sale?
I will in about a years time once my coupe comes back from the panel beater...

I was going to build my own. I found a plan online, priced up the materials (rhs, rams, castors, bolts etc) and for only $150.00 more I could buy one. Knowing I would have spent at least 2 days cutting and welding it all together I paid the extra $150. Armed with hindsight I would make my own next time.

I won't says who's it was but I got the 900 kg rotisserie with large wheels, the wheels were a joke (and not funny at that) only one of the four held any air but leaked as soon as you put it under load.

I went to the local agg supplier (yay finally a benifit of living in a country town) and got 4 x 500kg solid castors (another $150), they ended up being 16mm too low which caused problems with the 3rd fixed/support castor. Thank god for 16mm MDF, I just cut some spacers got some longer bolts and fixed that problem.

Some of the other issue I had was getting the locking pin to engage in the locking plate, It seemed that it needed a bit more clearance so after trying 3mm wire and 6mm rod I "acquired" one of my wife's 4mm wire pot plant hangers and wrapped it around the shaft of the rotating stand between the locking plate and the lifting stand and that fixed that problem.

Then need to cut some dog leg plates to mount to the front bumper holes due to the lip on the chassis rail, unfortunately they dropped down too low so I had to invert the rotating stand so that the T swing arm could be pulled up high enough to balance the shell on the rotisserie.

None of them were major problems all easily solved, I just feel had I made my own I may not have encountered them. I have heard of people getting two heavy duty ending stand and modifying them to make a rotisserie, In the end your the one that need to be happy with it.
Claytopia is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: