View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #21
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Default Re: What problems have you had with your Mondeo?

2010 MB XR5T
Issues:
* Factory 'delete option' of no bulb in the boot light fitting - fixed at 'peace of mind' check.
* Hatch rubbing paint off rear bumper. Towbar fitted pre-delivery, and hatch adjusted at around 13000kms. Problem persisted but the rear bumper has recently been resprayed to fix carpark scrapes damage, so I guess that is the end of that issue re warranty.
* Rear hatch washer squirts over rear wing (since new), largely missing the rear window. To be fixed next week at dealer. Apparently the rear washers are not angle adjustable, and mine has been mangled ex-factory.
* Occasionally loses the window close settings. Unexplainable but easily reset.
* Battery change in key fob (XR5 version) has resulted in total loss of programming in key fob. BOTH key fobs to be reprogrammed next week when washer is fixed (both because they are on a paired frequency arrangement thingy. Do 1 only and the other stops working).
* Gutter rash on all four 18" wheels because there is no bump-stop leeway with the 40series tyres. But I guess that is just 'pilot error'.
* Brake pedal loses pressure when you just sit there at the the traffic lights. Dealt siad this was just vacuum being used up and is operating within tolerance. Pedal does not floor. Interestingly, they did say that there was no vacuum or master cylinder failure - hmmmm.
* Rear washer is now leaking into hatch panel cavity and dribbles onto RR headrest. To be fixed next week at dealer when washer jet done.

By comparison, the only issue we had with the Mondeo's predecessor (a new 2003 Subaru Outback) was a squeaky dash shortly after delivery. Promtly fixed by dealer. Owned the car 7 years with no other hassles other than normal wear and tear.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote