Old 18-12-2018, 08:37 PM   #33
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bloody Snake (Dugite) in the Roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
Animals are strange roddy.

Sorry to hear about yours mate.
My mate was telling me that cats are actually far more tolerant in his experience. He was telling me of one case where two brothers (dogs) were bitten. One looked terrible and one not too bad. Both needed anti venene and next day the crook one survived and the other one that was doing ok was dead.

Your cat must have copped a big dose. One problem with tigers is ml for ml there venom is extremely potent, so it doesn't take much I guess.

Lucky we don't see any tigers up here, they are around perth I think.
Carnac island is notorious for them. A lot of them are blind. The seagulls peck their eyes out.
https://www.watoday.com.au/national/...022-2vyj1.html
Sorry I missed your reply..Clyde was a lovable ratbag of a cat ..a big bugger too . He frequented the Hydro Electric Commission (Now called Aurora) yard full of power poles , tons of cross bearers etc .. They'd seen a white lipped or two in the yard that week as it happens . When the vet saw him he said "Snake bite " straight away . I was with him when he died..It was horrible . The Hydro blokes had been trying to nail these small snakes without luck . Would have been early 2004 as he was five and born in 1999.

Cats are natural born hunters , are way too good at it including decimating native fauna at times but sometimes they get tagged . Often they don't survive . Bloody sad but that's how it is .

Last edited by roddy1960; 18-12-2018 at 09:01 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote