View Single Post
Old 20-01-2019, 10:00 PM   #25
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4/ST150 with Mazda SP25 engine

Swapping the Crank Pulley appears to be because you'd be swapping all the 2.0 ancillaries (Alternator, A/C Compressor/ P Steer) across to the 2.5. I assume the water pump pulley would be swapped too. Someone has mentioned that a custom belt might be needed- I take it then that something like the p-Steer must bolt off the side of the head instead of everything being on the block. The Belt-Route on the front of Ford and Mazda motors all seems different according to what google shows me. The 2.0 belt can't be used due to the extra 15mm deck height on the 2.5.

Apparently the bolt for the Crank pulley is a tension-fit, so a new one would be required. Some talk of a compressed washer behind the front cover needing to be replaced too -requiring the front cover to come off. And with the pulley coming off the system may need to be re-timed - which is apparently a big deal on the L series engines as they are an interference engine, and special tools are needed.

Lukeyson