View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 01:13 PM   #1
deve
Starter Motor

Default 2012 Focus with strange issue (computer related?)

Hi

This has happened a few times over the last month (and twice yesterday). Hoping someone may be able to shed some light.

I started my car yesterday to find that the steering lock took longer to release than usual. This got my attention as the last time this happened the following occurred.

With the engine running, I moved the transmission into R, however the car would not move. (Same with D). Engine was running fine - just the car would not move. Engine would rev when I pressed the accelerator but there was no motion.

I turned the car off. Then when I tried to start the car again, the car would not start / engine would not turnover.

After 5-10 minutes (of the car being switched off) I again tried to start the car. Car started easily and I was able to drive off without any issues.

Took it to a local mechanic soon after it happened. There were a few error reports coming up when he ran his checks, so he cleared all of them. Wasn't sure what the problem was.

And then, (after the computer had been reset by mechanice) the same thing happened last night.

Would appreciate hearing any thoughts on this.

Thanks
Steve
deve is offline   Reply With Quote