Thread: Words of wisdom
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 07:21 PM   #18
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Words of wisdom

Something popped up in my head today. It was a conversation i had with the owner of a building company 10 or 11 years ago when i was an apprentice. The memory stems from the mismanagement and rank style management of a job ive been pulled off my jobs to help out on. So way back when, i was on site and the owner of the building company was doing the ally skirting boards, so i asked why his young blokes arent doing that. In short he told me, theyre doing the things he can do with his eyes closed, maybe slower, but they'll get quicker. And it shows even he can still do the crap jobs. So being humble. Thats the way i run my jobs still. And that extends to cleaning up. Ill do it. What this bloke said to me was if an apprentice spends half his time cleaning up after a tradesman, doesnt that mean he is only good to be that guy who walks behind an elephant with a shovel? So with the mismanagement of the site thats not mine that ive been helping out on, the whole lack of teaching is a crock of ****. Clearly, never giving someone learning a go means they dont learn.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote