Thread: Words of wisdom
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2019, 05:39 PM   #1
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Words of wisdom

Now im interested to hear things that stick with people passed down. One statement my grandpa always said to me since i was a child was the day you stop learning. What he means by that is sort of keep your mind active then life has meaning. Just saying you learn something everyday isnt really the right way of saying what he means. And i think the old bloke is right. For example on friday i had a job to do, sort an issue, and whilst its a part i have changed hundreds of over the past decade, id never seen a contactor weld itself out. Welded in isnt uncommon or burnt coils or contacts are standard failing points, but again, the old bloke was right in what he has always said and it made my day just learning something new i had never seen even if it was just another day at work. I see the same boost in life with my grandpa and his great attitude towards life. So he is 92 and he and my grandmas world was sort of becoming a smaller place. He still holds an unrestricted drivers licence and last year it was becoming a bit more obvious his pride and joy 2000 626 was just a bit to big, but at 92, as opposed to just selling the car he bought a prius. You cant shut the old man up when he gets into the regenerative braking and all the battery stuff he reads. He is a changed person going from being boxed in to now having the confidence to get around again. I made the mistake of offering to drive but in daylight hours he is the captain. So his words of wisdom have some credibility.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote