View Single Post
Old 13-09-2018, 11:55 AM   #1480
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: 2018 Ranger Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrunner View Post
Just one more

It's official. Should have found this earlier.

"If you've been following our coverage of the Ford Ranger Raptor, you may notice a familiar theme – it does jumps. But, don't expect to be covered by the warranty if you break it.

"Ross explained that while it's capable of this type of driving, Ford wouldn't warrant any vehicles that were clearly abusing the vehicle in this way beyond its regular use.

"What we've done is, if you're an experienced driver and you're driving at your limit off road .. we've made sure that it can take that kind of abuse. But we can't warrant it for [excessive stunts]."

Seems clear enough but the point is, it is possible if something breaks when driving at your limit then you could be on your own as Ford will determine if in their opinion it was as a result of excessive stunts, which could have a very wide interpretation !!!.

I know my limit would see it getting some air so would it be covered

Note some of the readers comments below.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/670648/...stunt-driving/
Well duh. Exactly as I said earlier, if you push it too hard and break it it's on you. Nothing is indestructable.

Stupid things like trying to jump it 20 metres in the air. Not driving over corragations like you implied could be enough to break it. Which is just a dumb thing to say.

No manufacturer of any type of vehicle is going to cover warranty if the vehicle has been abused. Do you think Ford are going to give owners a free for all ticket to just go nuts and they will happily fix anything they break?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: