View Single Post
Old 16-03-2024, 11:51 AM   #2629
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Probably the reason why you don't see many auctions on Ebay, I refuse to bid online auctions anymore as being outbid by software, I now prefer actual sale prices with offers to vendors.
eBay's fee and payment structure is to blame for eBay being the way it is, definitely not worth it if you are a part time seller, great for buyers now with thousands of sellers competing price wise for the same items, still a lot of cheap crap sold with pictures of decent stuff, so you still have to do your homework.

All the software does is bid for you, you put in the max you are prepared to pay, it will not bid until the set time you want it to, it will keep bidding to your maximum, no different than me getting on the computer bidding at a set time to my maximum, or going to a auction with more money in my pocket than the next guy with a higher price in mind, it just gives you the freedom of not having to keep a eye on the time, you are still bidding.

I used to use the software because the items I was after either finished at different times of the day or were at the same or similar times, the bonus was that it stopped you bidding for the sake of bidding.

Bid agent is a different animal altogether, it bids the next increment each time someone else bids, so if you set it at the start it will bid away each time someone bids over you, I usually set this in the last 10 minutes and go off and do something.

I more often than not buy from online auctions every week, If I can make a $ on something, I have no problem bidding to the max I want to pay, I don't go into the auction hype and get caught up in a bidding war.

The problem for most people as they don't do their research before the auction and end up paying too much because they get caught up with winning, you always see a lot of cars go for way more than what they are worth just because someone has to have it, but the same cars sell for less on Gumtree, Facebook etc, they could have just bought one without the hype.

Its good when you can find a vendor who has the item you are looking for at a reasonable price and one that will haggle, but I am finding more people think they have the one and only item in existence and want drug money for it and wont budge.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote