View Single Post
Old 17-06-2018, 10:45 PM   #71
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: 2018 Ford Mustang - Acceleration Test by Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by radler View Post
Hey Roddy

Interesting post and I will stick with going off topic ...lol ... at work I was in conversation with 2 people who have 2017 mustang. One eco auto and the other v8 with manual 6 speed

The eco seems to be a great everyday driver,

the v8 person was describing the v8 is heavy going off the mark And they both agreed the eco in auto is quicker off the line and possibly will be even a bit quicker in the 2018 auto, and the v8 once off the line basically reels most cars in ...

They both seem really happy with their choices,

If I could raise the cash I would go for a mustang but to be honest I am not sure which one ..

A local dealer has a run out white v8 manual at a decent price with silver wheels, to me it looks awesome ... , and watching car sales their seems to be some deals on the twin turbos as well ... and every time I see a mustang I find myself looking at it ... lol... some great colours out there too ... 2018 model will be interesting ...
As you know I own an Ecoboost Mustang, but I have also driven a mate's GT Mustang.

No question the V8 GT is awesome and a true American muscle car and once it gets going is hard to beat, plus nothing can replace that V8 sound, that's a given.

However, it's the same feeling as driving an XR6T versus XR8... The i6 feels much lighter and handles better around corners, while the XR8 always reminds you of that extra weight up front.

So imagine now, what it would be like driving an Ecoboost FG Falcon... So much nimbler and lighter again in the front than both the 6 and 8.
The few smart owners who bought the eco Falcons will all tell you how well they handle, especially for a large family sedan.

That is why some of the best handling sports cars have the engine in the back like a Porsche 911 or a Ferrari with a mid-mount engine behind the driver... So light in the front end.

Also, I noticed that the Ecoboost Mustang takes off the line much quicker, and travelling at legal road speeds, while the V8 is nice, you can't really stretch its muscles legally and keep your licence.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: