View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #53
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: NBN Fibre to the Node (FTTN) - What does it mean to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Hey Damo,you sound like you're in a similar boat to me but my exchange is 30m from my back door and the pit where the line splits off of the main trunk line and comes to my house is 3m from my telephone socket. On a good day, when it's quiet, I can squeeze out 4Mb/s for short periods but it'll slow to 1Mb/s or less for the majority of the time. Telstra are sticking to their excuse of line congestion as the problem even though there's only 32 internet customers coming out of the exchange, all on ADSL+, and the majority of those only on 1.5k connections.

I'd suggest you get back on to them and renegotiate your monthly cost. Right now I'm down to $100 for a phone and internet bundle with all calls included and 200 gigs a month. Last month, after complaining about ongoing speeds I got a $90 discount for the month. I'll be on the phone again this month complaining as well to try and get more discounts or more download, considering I'm paying for an ADSL2+ connection just to get the download limit I have now.
I'm getting real bad connections to the US, to Telstra's own Melbourne servers Im now averaging about 4mbps, but to the USA its 300kbps-1mbps maximum to servers in LA.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote