View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 11:29 PM   #47
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: NBN Fibre to the Node (FTTN) - What does it mean to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
So NBN is still more expensive than top of the line ADSL2. Honestly not interested. My $39 a month internet is fine. Personally I don't want taxpayers spending tens of thousands hooking up 9 houses then I having to spend an extra $50 a month for something I don't require. If I was doing more videoconferencing from home then I definately would pay the extra!

It's all about priority, you want faster than ADSL. My neighbour would love a full time care giver and I would love the local road overhauled where three people have died in the last 6 years. There is only so much money to go around sadly.

I agree in investing in infrastructure, and gladly accept it but would rather the money spent on getting better access for some people in this thread who have shocking internet.
In my case why should my tax payer $$$ go to things like hospitals and carers for the elderly considering I'm 23 years old and I don't need them.

I'd rather it going towards something I would actually use, like high speed internet.

See? Not all about me and you its about us as a whole I guess.

Maybe NBN should have been opt in?

Though I imagine it would effect house prices if say you didn't opt in for it because you didn't want it, then when it comes time to sell the house - do you have NBN connection?

No.

Well I have to pay an extra $20,000 to have it all run to the house so I'm looking elsewhere.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: