View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 05:51 AM   #45
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NBN Fibre to the Node (FTTN) - What does it mean to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruination View Post
So wrong, so so wrong.
NBN pricing is extremely competitive, and there are so many variables that can change the pricing.

I was previously on an adsl2 500gb a month plan with iinet, $69 a month.
I now have NBN with them 500gb, with the fastest speed possible 100/40mb (yes, you can choose slower speeds and pay considerably less)
I also have fetch tv included and a voip telephone with all hardware included. For $89 a month.
Now if you consider the slowest speed possible on NBN which I think was standard adsl 2 speeds of 25mb it was $20 cheaper.

I also have the NBN battery backup and all NBN hardware installed at no cost.
I suggest your retiree mates do a bit of research before grumbling over it.

Maybe YOU don't want to be living in the now with the awesome technology on offer, but Australia is decades behind in communication infrastructure compared to the rest of the world.

If you honestly think this is a waste of taxpayers money, you should consider the billions wasted on everything else this government throws money at.
So NBN is still more expensive than top of the line ADSL2. Honestly not interested. My $39 a month internet is fine. Personally I don't want taxpayers spending tens of thousands hooking up 9 houses then I having to spend an extra $50 a month for something I don't require. If I was doing more videoconferencing from home then I definately would pay the extra!

It's all about priority, you want faster than ADSL. My neighbour would love a full time care giver and I would love the local road overhauled where three people have died in the last 6 years. There is only so much money to go around sadly.

I agree in investing in infrastructure, and gladly accept it but would rather the money spent on getting better access for some people in this thread who have shocking internet.

Last edited by Brazen; 08-04-2015 at 06:00 AM.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: