View Single Post
Old 25-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #35
xc2door
XC COBRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodoo
No 1 lives in Orange NSW 4.9 Auto no air or steer has had complete rebuild and is a nice car.
Rumour has it there are two Cobra's both with the Cobra 001 glove box plaque (which incidently can be purchased from a parts re-seller in Sydney).

The factory produced No.1 Cobra that was used for the promotional photo shoots, etc has the vin number JG65UM00001K which is correct and information I have shows it was last known to be located in WA.

I am told the one in Orange has a different Vin number and I would be interested to confirm the Vin number of this vehicle. When I last spoke to the owner he could not tell me the vin number of his vehicle and said the ID plates were locked away in a safe. I know I can tell you the vin number of all 400 XC Cobra's without looking at any compliance plate or listing.

It would be great to finally settle the rumours that surround some of these cars.

Bathurst Cobra No 6 is another with a chequed history, I have personally inspected this one and there was a lot not as per factory spec, it had auto trans, standard Cobra interior, standard inner rear wheel arches, no thermo fans, standard fuel tank, factory mounting for washer bottle on RH shocker tower as per XB's and XC coupe up to 1977 production. In 1978 washer bottle was re-located to LH inner skirt and mount on RH shocker tower deleted. I was told that Bathurst Cobra 6 was seen many years ago in the front of a wreckers in Dandenong after it was burnt out and was being offered for sale with a 1977 XC coupe parked next to it.
xc2door is offline   Reply With Quote