Thread: Miss T did a 10
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #49
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 
Default Re: Miss T did a 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor View Post
Simon in my opinion your mph looks spot on for the dyno hp your engine is showing. Unless Brad's convertor is completely out in left field it is not going to gain mph with a convertor with 800rpm more stall (with his good 60' times)
Seeming this conversation is about street vehicles i will give you 2 examples of similar weight cars.

Rhino XYGT 393 cubes 575 engine horsepower 455rwhp 4 speed 3.9 gears pump fuel 129.66mph

XTGT 363 cubes 430rwhp (on the same dyno as the Rhino) 3.9 gears C4 3600 stall pump fuel 127.98 mph

Neither of these cars make 600hp but you are making 640hp to run similar mph & Brad's is much slower with more hp? Not sure what you gents are using for calculators but track mph is the only accurate one. I have no explanation as to why you gents feel such high stall convertors are needed in your street cars with 393 and 427 cubes? Brad's XT is a well setup car with all the good gear so I cannot see any gains there.

Cheers,
Steve.B
Did both these cars show these times first time out?

And if not, did you question the dyno figures with them?

Did they change anything with the car or combo for any improvements from dyno to best track times?

If so are you willing to share anything done to help Brad?
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote