View Single Post
Old 23-10-2017, 11:49 AM   #45
leesa

Default Re: Driving Test..... too harsh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
***Warning - mindless ranting **

The error was not scanning enough while driving through an "uncontrolled intersection" which means there are no give way or stop signs. From what she tells me, she was already only doing 45kph, there where no cars to be seen, so she continued through.

I don't have issue with the tester expecting your daughter to not just drive blindly through unmarked intersections but how did he decide that she didn't "scan enough"? That sounds ridiculous. Can't most people see full left and right with peripheral vision while barely turning their head? How did he decide she didn't look enough? She already said there were no cars, what more did he expect?

The people that slow down at every opportunity really annoy me. It interrupts the flow of traffic and seems to result in slow mental processing which I personally think contributes to accidents.
How many of you live in Sydney and have seen Brisbane drivers? They/we drive like 80 year olds with bad eyesight and our peak hour traffic is horrendous as a result.

A couple years ago I went to Sydney for work and had a hire car, and it was awesome. Traffic was just go go go, not due to speeding, just due to everyone being aware of their place in the flow and I didn't see a single collision or roadrage incident. Brisbane people can't drive for crap - sorry not sorry!