Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 06:31 PM   #3410
Batmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351LTD View Post
Not sold on DI 2 but if it is reliable over time (do 300 Plus Kms a week even in winter)may be the way to go or is good old cables still a lot more reliable! Had a good run out of the Scott so keen to stick to the brand as well.
Reliability isn't a issue. I have friends that do monster k's (500ks + on the road) and (200ks on dirt) without any problems. It's basically no different than charging your Garmin or Lights. Charge and off you go. Even in CX racing , I haven't heard of any reliability issues with either brand. If you can afford it and you're stepping up with your new purchase from where you stand now , then it's something you should do. However, as earlier stated don't go DI on a lesser frame and lesser built kit. Don't spend the money on new to go back wards. If your current bike is functional and it isn't in need of a complete re- build. Then stay with it until you can afford to step forward and up. Trust me new and shiny and easily forgotten when the ride is lesser than you have had

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote