View Single Post
Old 22-12-2016, 12:56 PM   #11
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Default Re: Australia's most popular type of petrol - unleaded - could be phased out within two years

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
If they want Australia to have cleaner air, how about having road systems where cars can travel at optimal speeds like 80 - 90km/h.

Inadequate roads where people sit in peak hour, stop start traffic cause more pollution issues than any changes to fuel or motors will ever achieve.

In my case in optimal driving conditions I can get to work in 30mins @ approx 80km/h. In peak hour it is anywhere from 80 - 90+ mins in stop start traffic.
I am no Einstein but in which scenario is my car producing less pollutants.

So sick of the Nanny State, Do Gooder, Climate Change idiots in this country.
Yeah well said.

Slighly off topic but on a recent trip to Dubai, we travelled from the airport to the Atlantis hotel on the palm mostly at 130km/hr and only had ONE set of traffic lights (which was only to allow people onto the main road out of the airport).. I get that they could design their infrastructure from scratch but goes to show what having proper freeways can achieve.
They have also rid their roads of trams, trains, buses, cyclists and pedestrians which im sure helps immensely.

We need better roads, less intersections, then better fuel.