View Single Post
Old 20-12-2017, 01:52 PM   #239
Trump
bitch lasagne

Default Re: NBN Fibre to the Node (FTTN) - What does it mean to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Really, what about this little gem taken directly from the literature supplied with my contract?

"A Very Fast Speed Boost is available for an additional $20 per month
on the nbn network or a Super Fast Speed Boost for an additional
$20 per month for Cable or $30 per month on the nbn network
(except on nbn Fixed Wireless). Your bill will show an additional
charge each month for your speed upgrade until you cancel it."

Obviously the ability to throttle or boost speeds is very real, I'll go back to my original statement and that is that "NBN is game of speed to the telcos" driven by a price that you have to pay if you want faster speeds.
I missed your post initially.

I'll use myself as an example. During the provisioning process for the NBN connection, the various software tests suggested that the speed I'd get was somewhere between 60 and 100 Mbps download, with a 20-40 upload. This was based on the logical path the line took to the pillar and NBN cabinet. As it turns out, Telstra ran the line via Apollo Bay and as such, the max speed is 41Mbps down, 11 up. I was fortunate enough that someone at Internode had sense enough to check the line length before I committed to the service. As such, I'm paying for a 50/20 speed service. There is nothing anyone can do to improve that short of re-routing the line via the logical shortest path (which other services are routed along).

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote