View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 09:24 AM   #16
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Break-in potential

I put the BA cable in my FG. Just had to stick a velcro spot where I wanted the tab to sit.

If you get stuck in the boot of an FG with no boot trim, you can easily find the little lever on the side of the boot latch to release it. Having a boot trim would make this harder, but not impossible.

When I used to get a train to work, I would walk past dozens of cars parked near the station in the suburb where work was, that wasn't the most desirable place to live.

Most cars would have the ashtray and other compartments open, showing that they were empty. Almost weekly we'd see a smashed window in the arvo, that wasn't smashed in the morning - it was only the cars that looked promising that were targeted, and being that it was during working hours, more likely kids or junkies looking for small change & goods to sell - they won't hang around taking out gauges, but they will grab the coins and designer sunglasses left in the car. Just make it as unappealing as possible by having nothing loose at all in the car.

I had a company car broken into one time - while I was stopped at a traffic light. Junkie chucked a rock through the back passenger window & grabbed my jacket. Possibly assuming I'd left a wallet or something valuable in the pocket. He was so whacked he didn't even realise the car was idling and I was in it - waiting at a red light (admittedly it was the left/gutter lane I was stopped in). He freaked when I yelled & moved forward - dropping the jacket.

That same car had the boot lock drilled out & a laptop stolen when I was parked at a factory in Western Sydney. Only 3 cars down from the security hut. They saw nothing.....
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: